Job Posting Title: University Postdoctoral Fellow 1
The National Center for Research on Gifted Education (http://ncrge.uconn.edu) is seeking a quantitative researcher for a Postdoctoral Fellow position. The person in this position will work with the National Center for Research on Gifted Education on a large mixed methods research study. Duties include conducting statistical analyses to answer complex research questions, documenting methods and results, and communicating those results for a variety of audiences. In addition, this position entails data management, programming, and reporting tasks. This individual will be a core team member who must be able to both learn and work independently as well as collaborate effectively with co-workers. There will be substantial opportunities to actively engage in the entire research process and to collaborate on research presentations and publications.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage and clean data
- Lead programming tasks
- Analyze secondary and survey data using descriptive and inferential statistical techniques
- Integrate data from multiple sources
- Develop code, scripts, or syntaxes for advanced statistical analyses
- Troubleshoot data anomalies and conducting quality control checks
- Create and maintain documentation of data management and analysis processes
- Analyze, visualize, and interpret data
- Contribute to project reports, briefs, and other manuscripts
- Ensure detailed documentation of methods and reproducibility of results
- Conduct observations and interviews in the field for the qualitative portion of the research study
- Aid in coding and analyzing the qualitative results
- Conduct literature searches and synthesize the results of prior research studies
- Ph.D. degree in quantitative social science, statistics, or a related area
- Extensive experience with data management and data analysis
- Extensive experience managing and conducting analyses using large scale databases
- Extensive experience conducting secondary data analyses
- High degree of proficiency with one or more statistical software packages (e.g., SPSS, SAS, Stata, R)
- Experience implementing advanced statistical techniques
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Substantial experience with multilevel modeling and/or latent variable modeling
- Substantial statistical programming experience in Stata and/or R
- Experience with large-scale data management and curation
- Experience analyzing multilevel quasi-experimental data
- Some training and experience conducting qualitative research
This is a full-time, end-date, 12-month position with an anticipated start date of October 1, 2017. The position may be renewed based on funding. The successful candidate’s appointment will be at the Storrs campus with the possibility of national travel. Salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
To apply, complete an online application on UConn Jobs, www.jobs.uconn.edu. Please attach a cover letter, curriculum vitae, and contact information for three references. Applications are due by September 6, 2017. Evaluation of applicants will begin immediately. Employment of the successful candidate will be contingent upon the successful completion of a pre-employment criminal background check. (Search # 2018040)
For questions about the position, please contact Dr. Del Siegle at firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information regarding the National Center for Research on Gifted Education, please visit the website at http://ncrge.uconn.edu/.
This job posting is scheduled to be removed at 11:59 p.m. Eastern time on September 6, 2017.
All employees are subject to adherence to the State Code of Ethics which may be found at http://www.ct.gov/ethics/site/default.asp.
The University of Connecticut is committed to building and supporting a multicultural and diverse community of students, faculty and staff. The diversity of students, faculty and staff continues to increase, as does the number of honors students, valedictorians and salutatorians who consistently make UConn their top choice. More than 100 research centers and institutes serve the University’s teaching, research, diversity, and outreach missions, leading to UConn’s ranking as one of the nation’s top research universities. UConn’s faculty and staff are the critical link to fostering and expanding our vibrant, multicultural and diverse University community. As an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity employer, UConn encourages applications from women, veterans, people with disabilities and members of traditionally underrepresented populations.